A semi-automatic, M4-Style, direct impingement Modern Sporting Rifle, the
AR-556® offers consumers an affordable, American-made rifle with the rugged reliability they have come to expect from Ruger. Extensively tested during its development, the AR-556® is constructed from top-quality components, including forged 7075-T6 aluminum upper and lower receivers and a cold hammer-forged, chrome-moly steel barrel with M4 feed ramp cuts. Chambered in 5.56 NATO with standardized M4/AR components utilized throughout, the AR-556® is easily customizable.
- Type: Rifle: Semi Automatic
- Model Series: AR-556
- Caliber/Gauge: 5.56 NATO
- Capacity: 30+1
- Barrel Length: 16.1 in.
- Minimum/Overall Length: 32.25 in.
- Frame Finish: Black
- Front Sight: Adjustable Post
- Rear Sight: Ruger Rapid Deploy Folding
- Grips: Improved Trigger-reach
- Firearm Stock: Black Synthetic Collapsible
- Features: Round Lightweight HandguardForward Assist
- Extended Length: 35.500
- Finish: Black
- Magazine Count: 1.000
- Gas System Length: Carbine
- Operating System: Direct Impingement
- Frame Material: 7075 T6 Aluminum Upper & Lower
- Trigger Guard: Enlarged
- Barrel Configuration: Single
- Barrel Description: Cold Hammer-forged
- Barrel Twist: 1-8
- Muzzle: 1/2X28, Ruger Flash Suppressor
- Rifled Barrel: Yes
Determined at checkout.